EASO is working towards creating professional development materials in support of the promotion of quality and harmonisation in the area of asylum law specifically tailored to the needs of members of courts and tribunals in Member States and Associated Countries.
These materials are being developed in conjunction with representatives of courts and tribunals from the Member States and Associated Countries with full respect of the independence of courts and tribunals. EASO also cooperates with judicial training institutions, judicial associations, the Commission, other EU Agencies, UNHCR and other relevant actors. In addition to the development of these materials, EASO also provides ad hoc support in response to requests received from courts and tribunals. To this end it has delivered training sessions in Bulgaria, Cyprus, Greece and Italy as well as in Morocco, Tunisia and the Western Balkans countries.
Professional Development Series
In cooperation with courts and tribunals, EASO is working towards adopting a professional development series aimed at providing courts and tribunal members with a full overview of the Common European Asylum System.
Professional development materials have been created on:
- Introduction to the Common European Asylum System (CEAS) for Courts and Tribunals - A Judicial Analysis (Produced by IARLJ Europe under contract to EASO); [EN]
- Article 15(c) Qualification Directive (2011/95/EU) – A Judicial Analysis (December 2014); [BG] [DE] [EN] [EL] [ES] [FR] [IT]
- Exclusion: Articles 12 and 17 Qualification Directive (2011/95/EU) - A Judicial Analysis; [DE] [EN] [ES] [FR] [IT]
- Ending International Protection: Articles 11, 14, 16 and 19 Qualification Directive (2011/95/EU) - A Judicial Analysis; [EN]
- Qualification for International Protection (Directive 2011/95/EU) – A Judicial Analysis (Produced by IARLJ-Europe under contract to EASO - December 2016) . [EN]
- Evidence and credibility assessment in the context of the Common European Asylum System (CEAS) – A Judicial Analysis (Produced by IARLJ-Europe under contract to EASO);
- Asylum Procedures and the Principle of Non-Refoulement – A Judicial Analysis (Produced by IARLJ-Europe under contract to EASO);
- Judicial Practical Guide on Country of Origin Information.
Materials will also be developed on other relevant topics, including Detention in the context of CEAS, Vulnerability in Inter-national Protection Cases, Reception and the Dublin Regulation.