EASO training activities are being carried out within the framework of the Agency’s Work Programme and its Training Strategy, which was developed in 2012.
EASO provides Member States with quality training materials and support them with regard to training organisation and delivery of training courses. EASO serves as a high quality common training base for asylum and migration services across the EU and supports the practical implementation of the CEAS and the enhancement of quality standards.
EASO Training Curriculum
EASO’s core training tool is the EASO Training Curriculum, a common vocational training system designed mainly for case officers and other asylum officials throughout the EU. The Curriculum covers core aspects of the asylum procedure by means of a number of interactive modules. A blended learning methodology, combining online e-learning format and face-to-face sessions, enables both theoretical and practical approach to training.
EASO training materials are developed by knowledgeable and experienced teams of Member States’ experts and thoroughly reviewed by EASO Reference Group, consisting of the European Commission and other institutions of the EU, different international organisations and members of civil society.
Since 2013, EASO has also started to develop training handbooks corresponding to its training modules. The handbook serves as a reference tool and accompanies trainee in the course of his/her work by providing the key elements of the theoretical knowledge, skills and competencies that he/she has acquired after completing the training module.
At the end of 2013 EASO adopted a learning path with a set of Core, Advanced and Optional Modules to ensure that trainees receive training in areas which are key for the performance of their daily tasks and specific roles. Such learning path is in place for five target groups identified by EASO: case officers (primary target group for EASO training modules), managers of asylum units, policy officers, COI researchers and reception officers.
See the EASO Learning path.
EASO regularly organises train-the-trainers’ sessions, where participants are trained to become national trainers, ensuring the multiplier effect of the EASO Training Curriculum.
Since EASO gained ownership of the Curriculum in 2012 8,257 asylum officials have been trained, including 746 participants to train-the-trainers’ sessions.
Complimentary to the above mentioned permanent training activities, EASO is also engaged in other relevant training initiatives. These include the development and delivery of training in cooperation with other EU agencies and/or relevant actors in the field of international protection. In addition to the permanent support activities, EASO delivers ad hoc training sessions in response to the specific needs of Member States in the framework of Operation Support and third countries in the framework of External Dimension.
EASO Training Curriculum brochure 2017
[BG] [CS] [DA] [DE] [EL] [EN] [ES] [ET] [FI] [FR] [HR] [HU] [IT] [LT] [LV] [MT] [NL] [PL] [PT] [RO] [SK] [SL] [SV]
Training activities 2018
- EASO Training Plan 2018 [EN]
Training activities 2017
- EASO Training Plan 2017 (revised October 2017) [EN]
Training activities 2016
- EASO Training Plan 2016 (revised October 2016) [EN]
Training activities 2015
- EASO Training Plan 2015 (revised September 2015) [EN]
- Plan of the regional training session for the 2nd semester 2015 [EN]
- Certification of the EASO Training Curriculum [EN]
- EASO Annual Training Report 2016 [EN]
- EASO Annual Training Report 2015 [EN]
- EASO Annual Training Report 2014 [EN]
- EASO Training Curriculum brochure 2016 [BG] [CS] [DA] [DE] [EL] [EN] [ES] [ET] [FI] [FR] [HR] [HU] [IT] [LT] [LV] [MT] [NL] [PL] [PT] [RO] [SK] [SL] [SV]
- EASO Training Curriculum brochure 2014 [AR]
- EASO Training Strategy [EN]
- Terms of Reference for the EASO Training Curriculum [EN]
- Terms of Reference for EASO Training and Expert Pool [EN]
- Privacy statement for the EASO Training and Expert Pool [EN]
- Privacy statements for the e-learning platform [EN]
- Privacy statement on the processing of the personal data [EN]
Click here to enter the e-learning platform (Restricted access – participants to EASO Training may login to this platform)