About the EASO Case Law Database
The EASO Case Law Database is an online, publicly-available platform developed by EASO to:
- Provide a unique source of timely and accurate information on new jurisprudence;
- Manage and store information related to case law concerning the implementation of the Common European Asylum System (CEAS) at the European and national levels; and
- Serve as a comprehensive point of information on national and European jurisprudence in the area of asylum through a compilation of relevant cases issued by national and international courts.
The EASO Case Law Database serves as a point of reference for European and national case law on asylum, providing the jurisprudential counterpart to the EASO Information and Documentation System (IDS) and data collection under the Early Warning and Preparedness System (EPS). The tool was developed to address current information needs on the implementation of the CEAS by Member States.
The EASO Case Law Database covers jurisprudence on asylum issued by:
- National courts: mainly (but not exclusively) decisions from upper courts;
- The Court of Justice of the EU; and
- The European Court of Human Rights (cases related to international protection).
For more information visit: https://caselaw.easo.europa.eu
Read The Asylum Case Law in 2020 overview:
Read Case Law Newsletters: