With a view of maintaining a close dialogue with civil society, EASO has set up a Consultative Forum as mechanism for the exchange of information and pooling of knowledge.
The Consultative Forum is open to relevant civil society organisations and relevant competent bodies operating in the field of asylum policy at local, regional, national, European or International level. In other words, every interested organisation can register for membership to the EASO Consultative Forum. To date, the Consultative Forum Registry includes members from 135 different organisations. The large majority constitute NGOs (62%), followed by IGOs (15%), academica (10%), representatives from Member State authorities (9%) and EU institutions (4%).
Different activities are implemented and civil society organisations are consulted in various different ways, including:
- Consultative Forum Meetings: Annual Plenary Meetings/Regional Thematic Meetings
- Consultations and on-line consultations/surveys on key EASO documents such as the Work Programme, the Annual Report on the Situation of Asylum in the EU, the General Annual Report as well as consultations on draft training modules, practical tools and guides, etc.
- Direct involvement of selected CSOs in various EASO activities through invitations to thematic conferences, meetings, workshops, working parties, expert meetings, etc.
Highlights of Consultative Forum activities in 2017
- Four Consultative Forum meetings: stakeholder workshop on the revised format and structure of the Forum under the EUAA (June); Informal Consultative Forum Planning Meeting (July); Regional Thematic Meeting in Trapani (September), and; the Annual Plenary Meeting in Brussels (November)
- Nine consultations on e.g. Annual Report on the Situation of Asylum, Draft Work Programme, Annual General Report, Draft Practical Judicial Guide on COI, Draft Judicial Analysis on Asylum procedures, draft EASO training module on Interpreting in the Asylum Context, guidance on contingency planning, reception standards for (un)accompanied children, survey on the satisfaction with the Annual Report on the Situation of Asylum
- More than 160 meetings/activities with civil society representatives.
More information on the workings of the Consultative Forum can be found
For any information, please contact the EASO Consultative Forum Contact Point at Consultative-Forum@easo.europa.eu