An important method for communicating with civil society takes place on the basis of electronic consultations. Electronic consultations are open to all members of the Consultative Forum and are used as much as possible as they ensure the broadest possible outreach and facilitate organisations to contribute in a cost-effective manner. Additionally, some consultations may also, for various reasons, be restricted to selected CF members. In those cases, selection is carried out on the basis of the following set of selection criteria:
- Relevance – of the organisation’s participation vis-à-vis the theme(s) discussed by the Consultative Forum.
- Knowledge and Expertise – degree of knowledge and expertise in the area(s) being dealt with by the Consultative Forum.
- Availability – of the organisation to get involved in the work of the Consultative Forum.
- Involvement at national and EU level – degree of involvement of the organisation in the relevant area(s) at national and EU level (European orientation).
- Affiliation – of the organisation in relevant networks/groups.
- Relationship – of the organisation with EASO and/or involvement in EU Practical cooperation measures/training/academic activities in the field of asylum.
The table below provides an overview of the consultations that are scheduled for 2018:
|Consultation on what?||When?||For whom?||How to participate|
|Call for civil society input to the 2017 Annual Report on the Situation of Asylum in the EU||3rd week of January 2018||Open to all members||See Input|
|Draft Work Programme 2018||1st week of February 2018||Open to all members|
|Online survey: Access to Information: Exploring Existing Resources, Good Practices, and Ways Forward||4th week of February||Open to all members||Take the survey|
|Annual General Report||1st week of June 2018||Open to all members|
Should you require any further information with regard to a particular consultation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.